MY LEADERSHIP STYLE
I am a Transitional Leader
I enjoy motivating people and seeing them grow.
As a transformational leader, I strive to develop my followers and focus on their strengths to accomplish a goal or task. My approach is to inspire and motivate.
With over 17 years of experience in digital media, I have seen many challenges and success stories.
I achieve success by focusing on four fundamentals areas:
- Developing confident high-performers
- Igniting creativity through inspiration
- Co-piloting the careers of my direct reports
- Encouraging personal growth and development
- Keeping goals aligned through regular 1:1's
- Caring about my team, peers, and partneres as people
- Recognizing team members for good work
- Providing timely and helpful feedback, delivered with empathy and encouragement
- Building inclusive and diverse teams with various design skillsets and backgrounds
- Getting UX a seat at the table is a crucial part of the product development process.
- Ensuring designers, stakeholders, and engineers are in alignment
- Conduct routine follow-ups to ensure we are meeting our shared objectives.
- Amplifying business and operational goals we are striving to achieve
- Identifying issues early and working through them together
- Cultivating an environment of trust and accountability
- Aligning projects to roadmaps, and quarterly and yearly planning goals
- Ensuring designers have enough maker time as opposed to meeting time
- Catalyzing project retrospectives to foster more learning and self-awareness
- Design, product, and engineering have a shared sense of ownership over project success.
- Identify pain points early on to reduce scope increase.
- Conducting cross-functional engagements to ensure the project teams are aligned.
- Ensuring product development is customer-driven by incorporating user research and strategy properly
- Solving design debt, developing design systems, and ensuring quality and consistency are upheld
- Aligning design ops, workflows, and structures with business goals
- Representing design in town halls, strategy decks, planning cycles, and org design
- Helping designers prioritize competing priorities for maximum efficiency from multiple stakeholders across multiple projects
- Evaluating processes for their ROI and removing or simplifying cumbersome processes
Anyone can have a title that equates them to being a leader; however, a leader is defined by the action taken when faced with adversities. I am a leader who moves and motivates my team to overcome challenges from all directions by utilizing communication channels, identifying problems early, listening, and providing guidance. Anyone can have a title that equates them to being a leader; however, a leader is defined by the action taken when faced with adversities. I am a leader who moves and motivates my team to overcome challenges from all directions by utilizing communication channels, identifying problems early, listening, and providing guidance.